Colorado Succeeds ensures that businesses have reliable data on how the state’s schools are performing, the changes that are needed and the action that is necessary to fix the broken parts of our education system. We keep the business community informed in numerous ways:
- Colorado School Grades provides community members, parents, students, and educators with school performance information that is both accessible and easy-to-understand. Our mission in creating this website is to help parents and students make more informed decisions about the schools they choose to attend, based in some part on academic information. Additionally, we created this site to inspire and equip community members, parents, students, and educators with the information and resources they need to effectively engage in local school improvement efforts.
- The Annual Legislative Academy brings elected officials and business leaders together to learn from and interact with some of the nation’s most intriguing national education policy thought leaders. This is a bi-partisan gathering and all speakers respond to candid, unfiltered questions from Colorado legislators and our members. Download a summary of our fifth annual academy, held January 8, 2013.
- Education policy programs and seminars prepare our members for appointments to gubernatorial, legislative and Colorado Department of Education boards, commissions, and committees that address education policy.
- Member forums and roundtables inform business leaders of education issues and their impact on workforce development and economic growth. These strategic meetings also engage business leaders in current education policy initiatives designed to reform the system and provide opportunities for them to influence both legislative agendas and advocacy tactics.
- Various publications examine important education issues in Colorado, identify education policies and practices that have achieved success in other parts of the country, and draw the business community's attention to the relationship between education issues and their impact on the state's economic future.
- Tours of high-performing schools highlight for our members models of success and possibility