Reasons To Believe
Colorado Succeeds is considered one of the best examples of state business leaders joining forces to advance public education. A number of bipartisan organizations have endorsed our work, including the Thomas B. Fordham Institute and the US Chamber of Commerce.
In fact, so many have reached out to us for guidance that our founders launched America Succeeds, a national organization advising local business leaders on how to clear a path for public school improvements in their own states.
We believe our work speaks for itself.
- We are the only business-led organization in Colorado focused exclusively on advancing improvements to the entire public education system.
- The business leaders of Colorado Succeeds helped clear a path for the successful passage of the Colorado Achievement Plan for Kids Act, READ Act, Great Teachers & Leaders Act, the Student Success Act, among others. We also championed legislation to establish P-TECH schools, level the playing field for charter school students, and increase the number of students earning in-demand credentials. Through these, we have seen significant gains in early literacy, teacher effectiveness, transparency, accountability, parental choice, career and technical education, and more rigorous and applicable graduation guidelines.
- We created the BizCARES Network, a statewide network of chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, business roundtable, and industry associations, that rallies over a half million employees in all 64 counties across Colorado in moving our state’s education system forward.
- Colorado Succeeds cut through the clutter to create Colorado School Grades—a user-friendly online resource with over one million users—offering transparency into school performance for parents, teachers and students, not to mention potential employees considering a relocation to Colorado.
- We’ve prepared and placed senior business executives on dozens of influential boards and commissions responsible for improving education outcomes statewide.
- Our annual member event, which features great minds from all sides of the education discussion has become the must-attend event for members of the House and Senate Education Committees, State Board of Education, Department of Education, and Governor’s Office.