2017 INNOVATION AWARD
**Applications for the 2017 Innovation Award are closed and finalists will be notified by Sept. 11, 2017. Please check back in the coming months for information about the 2018 award.
2017 Requirements & Application Process
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- How will your innovation/idea solve that problem?
- Who will be impacted by this idea (students, school, district)?
- How will you use the money to support your idea?
- Must be no longer than two minutes;
- Must be the original work product of the educator, school leader, or district, and may not contain any third-party material unless the organization has obtained all necessary rights to use that material;
- Must not have been previously entered into any other video contest, regardless of previous contest outcome, or published in any medium;
- Will not be reviewed for production quality – your video can be as simple as a person narrating in front of a wall – but please make sure both the audio and visual quality are clear enough for your proposal to be easily understood.
- Any video submissions can be used by Colorado Succeeds and 9NEWS for promotion of this event and/or future events.
Process for Selecting a Winner:
- Video pitches will be reviewed by a selection committee of education, business, and philanthropic leaders in Colorado. The committee will identify finalists for a live-pitching event in Denver.
- You must be available to attend the live-pitching event on September 18th, in person or virtually, to be eligible to win.
- During the live-pitch, finalists will need to present their two-minute pitch to a panel of experts for Q&A and feedback. All pitches and feedback will be recorded by Colorado Succeeds.
- Three finalists will be selected, notified, and celebrated at The Succeeds Prize in Denver on October 3, 2017. Finalists will be notified before September 11, 2017.
- One winner will be awarded a cash prize of $15,000 at The Succeeds Prize.
- Finalists and winners will be asked to participate in storytelling and a professional development campaign to highlight their work throughout 2017-2018.
For questions and technical support, contact Matt Majeune-Fagan.
Submission Form – Applications for 2017 are closed. Please check back in the coming months for information about the 2018 award.
The Succeeds Prize
Recognizing Education Innovators and Impact Makers