Activate Incentive Funds for Work-Based Learning at Your School
The Career Success Program, or HB-1289, became law in 2016 with the goal of preparing more Colorado students for our state’s growing, middle-skill jobs, from healthcare to IT to advanced manufacturing.
What This Legislation Does:
- Creates a pilot program where school districts receive $1,000 bonus funding for each student who (1) earns an industry credential tied to an in-demand job, (2) finishes a rigorous workplace training program tied to key industry needs, or (3) successfully completes a Computer Science AP course.
- This is a flexible, voluntary program that responds to Colorado’s workforce demands. Incentives are based on in-demand jobs that deliver high wages.
- At the end of the two-year pilot, policymakers will evaluate its impact and decide whether to continue the program.
If you would like more information or to receive updates about this program from Colorado Succeeds, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How this is Working in Colorado School Districts:
For up-to-date information around this new program, please see the resources below. We will also update this page regularly with additional materials and information.
Resources from Colorado Succeeds
Colorado Succeeds has authored numerous pieces about the Career Success Program on our website and we will continue to share those items here:
- HB-1289 Fact Sheet
- HB-1289 Bill
- Succeeds-Championed Workforce Bill Signed into Law
- Voices From the Field: How HB-1289 Will Benefit Students & Industry
Resources from the State
- Colorado Department of Education Career Success Pilot Program Page
- Pilot Programs State Guidelines
- Pilot Program Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- List of 2017 Qualifying Programs – Talent Pipeline Report, from the Colorado Workforce Development Council
- Career Success Pilot Program Reporting Document Sample
Resources from the Colorado Department of Education
Related Stories from Colorado Succeeds
If you are interested in learning more about making education more relevant and aligned to industry needs, check out these resources from our website: